Friday, December 5, 2008

The Power of Deciding

Well, I am happy to say that I have more to say about Tuesday's blog (December 2, 2008 - Who Would You Rather Be?). I'm happy because I like to build on a central theme. I'm also interested in understanding everything involved in things that work. My "declaration" on Tuesday - that I would rather be me than anyone else on the planet, in the very circumstances that I was (am) currently in - seemed to be the cause or force behind an almost immediate turn of events (receiving the money we needed to meet our immediate obligations).

When I say "seemed," I must reiterate that I strongly believe that it was the reason for what happened - and the fact that it happened immediately (within two hours!) after the "declaration," seems particularly significant!

So, what do I have to add to this idea (that being 100% satisfied with who I am, and "where" I am is powerfully "attractive")? What I have to add is that my declaration represented both a decision, and a commitment. The decision, that I am an author; and the commitment, to stay the course! I am reminded of Napoleon's crossing the Rubicon, and burning his transport ships, cutting off even the possibility of retreat. He was committed to win or perish in the attempt. Retreat was no longer an option!

So, that is what the declaration represented: a commitment to a decision. In a word, it represented deciding - once and for all - who I am, and what I will be, i.e., the course I will follow. Interestingly, I realize that the decision wasn't, in fact, final. I have not truly decided - my declaration not withstanding. I believe, however, that once I have truly decided, the creative powers of the universe (the creative powers of God, in fact!) will combine to bring into existence everything that I need to succeed!

The key is to decide! Once the decision has been made, the die is cast, which means that the "spiritual mold" of my success is a fete acumpli, and its physical counterpart, a fact! While I am not there yet, I believe (100%) that making a decision is the absolute key to setting in motion everything that is required to bring about total success! I truly believe this, and will learn to live it!

No comments: